Wed Jun 16 15:14:03 PDT 2010
Theses That I'm willing to Supervise
Structural Object-oriented theory of Computational Complexity.
- How simple can
software project documents
become? How can we produce records of ideas, visions, plans, sepecs, code, etc with as little bureaucratic overhead as possible? Possibilities: diagrams, tables, shorthand->text, mathematics, templates and picking lists, etc.
- Is there
order for free
at the edge of chaos? Replicate
Stuart Kauffman's work on random
[ BOOLNETW.html ]
and survey the literature on this.
- Literature survey of the work on
sponsored by the
[ http://www.santafe.edu/ ]
Santa Fe Institute
- A survey of known attempts and results of ways to write a program to play
a well studied game like tic-tac-toe, chess, or checkers.
- Any attempt at a new way to write a program to play a game (other than tic-tac-toe,
chess, and checkers -- see previous).
the state of software development:
Using an Internet survey
to look for patterns linking socio-economic situations to software processes.
Explore the possibillities
for encorporating invariants, pre/post-conditions into unit
testing and the MicroSoft daily recompilation of the whole
- What can be done to
data mine text answers
to survey questions for patterns?
- Explore the
structure of the World Wide Web
to see what highly-linked sets of
pages exist. Ramsey Theory proves that in any sufficiently large graph there will
be a (large) subset of nodes that are all connected to each other, or there will
be a (large) subset of nodes that will be completely disconnected. The WWW defines
large graph. What sizes of highly connected/unconnected pages exist? Reading: Small Worlds.
- Is there Fool's Gold in them there hills?
Explore the distribution of data mining patterns in simulated and theoretical
- Gather and analyse data on the actual process of
[ Open Source software development ]
to go behind the hype to see how it is done and if possible
determine the qualities of the software developed using Open Source.
[ anarchism.html ]
"Free Software and the Death of Copyright" by Eben Moglen
[ index.html ]
[ http://ww.debian.org/ ]
- Use an experiment to correlate
with the understandability of the measured code by computer science students.
- Demonstrate the application of mathematics to the analysis of a set
of related problems and the specification of an object-oriented
programs in some domain.
- Experiment on helpfulness of typing in learning a programming language.
- What is the shape of the Internet as measured by the time it takes
for standard packets to be sent to and returned from various sites?
- On the use of formal tables (logic) to support the development of software.
- Using of formal diagrams(logic) to support the development of software.
- Experiments comparing the readability of different forms of documentation.
- Literature surveys of: Object Orientation, Comp Sci Education, ...
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Theses That I'm willing to Supervise) <<Contents | End>>
- CR::="Computer Reviews",
[ http://www.reviews.com/ ]
[ browse_reviewers.cfm?reviewer_id=115728 ]