- It is the site of the original MacDonalds Restaurant.
Dick and "Mac" McDonald
* opened their self-service drive-in restaurent in San
E Street near 14th Street
- Other local entrepreneurs started fast Taco restaurents in San Bernardino
having seen the success of the McDonald Brother's Hamburger stand.
- It is the place where Hell's Angels Started.
- It is the place where Sammy Davis Jr. lost an eye.
- It is the home of the National Orange Show.
- It is the home of the last operational WigWam Motel on Route 66.
- 360 days of sunshine each year.
- Los Angeleno's all say two things about it:
- It's hot up there.
- I got my snow chains there
- In 1964 Jerry Pournelle was sent to San Bernardino to
think about the future of missile technology.
- The team
concluded that it needed to have small robust computers
on a chip to increase accuracy... and so triigered
off the Computer Revolution.
- Jerry writes:
It " was a far from the Pentagon as you could get and still
be in the continental U.S. To get to San Bernardino, you had to go to
Los Angeles, then drive back a hundred miles into the low desert. It was also
a place few wanted to go."
- Dr. Dobb's Journal, October 2005.
- Murphy's Law. I thought this was first stated in San Bernardino
County, but Cathy Hoagland corrected me
Murphy was working on the Rocket Sled program at Edwards. The track is a couple of miles long but the point at which my daily route to work crosses the old track is 12 miles west of the San Bernardino County line, and 3 miles south of Kern.
This was the work of
Richard J Botting at CSUSB.
In 1955 Ray Kroc starts to franchise McDonald's accross the USA
and the World. In 1971 "Mac" McDonald died. Dick McDonald died
on July 14th 1997.
Disclaimer: CSUSB may or may not agree with this message.
Copyright(1995): Copy the document in which the link appeared and use as you wish as long as you include the following as
source, disclaimer, and copyright.
Also see my home page