Purposes of maths project
Introduction -- the MATHS language
MATHS is a language with syntax based on computer languages
but semantics provided by mathematics and formal logic. The
[ ../../monograph/10.manifesto.html ]
(MATHS manifesto) spells out the intent of the language.
This collection of notes
[ ../../maths/ ]
are the current defining documents of the language.
Goals of Project
- To make the MATHS tools and language usable by any body on the web.
- To open up the defining documents and tools to the Free/Open Source
- Ultimately to develop the MATHS web site so that it will improve
and grow as a resource for people doing maths and logic as part
of developing software, even after I have retired (4..5 years)
- A beginer can generate a web page rendered from a MATHS document.
- Any body can submit a MATHS document to the owner of the web site.
- While creating a MATHS document a user can add a template: subsection,
rebuttal, net, PISCO, ... and fill in blanks in the template.
- A programmer needs a quick summary of the syntax and semantics of a language
can find links and/or MATHS definitions.
- A developer needs a model that acounts for a particular part of a domain
can search the site to find relevant formal systems, in computer notation.
- Members of the core editor group can maintain and improve the structure.
- A trustworthy person can edit the content and so improve it.
- Someone who is not known to the community can submit new material to
trustworthy people who will place it in the site.
- People can earn the right to move up the hierarchy from reader, to writer,
and to editor.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Purposes of maths project) <<Contents | End>>