>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [New Bibliographic Items]
|| [Site Search]
|| [Bibliography Search]
Wed Jan 25 16:32:27 PST 2006
- Pete Sawyer & Paul Rayson & Ken Cosh
- Shallow knowledge as an aid to deep understanding in early phase requirements Engineering
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n11(Nov 2005)pp969-981
- =DEMO STATISTICAL TEXT ANALYSIS REQUIREMENTS ATC GLOSSARY ONTOLOGY SYSTEMS DOMAIN MODEL
- Simple stats leads to useful conclusions when analyzing current systems.
- (dick) |- Figure 3 commits several UML sins.
- Magne Jorgensen
- Evidence-Based Guidelines for assessment of Software Development Cost Uncertainty
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n11(Nov 2005)pp942-954
- =SURVEY DEVELOPMENT COST ESTIMATION
- Uncovers evidence that software developers use intuition and expertise to predict costs and tend to underestimate them as a result.
- Propose some guidelines based on on a very thorough literature survey.
- Don't ask for 90% confidence intervals. Instead ask fro an interval and then ask what % of projects were outside the interval.
- Formal cost estimation are currently less efficient - intervals are unusable.
- Use a structured process with explicit reasons.
- Compare this project with previous projects to estimate errors.
- Perhaps use groups rather than formulas to combine estimates.
- Paying people if they are more accurate may or may not improve their accuracy.
- Yan Liu & Alan Fekete & Ian Gorton
- Design-level Performance Prediction of Component-Base Applications
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n11(Nov 2005)pp928-941
- =SIMULATION =THEORY QUEUE COMPONENTS PERFORMANCE EJB QNM
- Derives a queuing theory performance model for various kinds of transactions.
- Models calibrated by a very simple benchmark on two platforms.
- Models combined with a sequence diagram model of an application to predict performance.
- The predictions compares well with a simulation of the application.
- The predictions allow the selection of the better of two possible designs.
- No code is needed in to make the predictions.
- (dick) |- SSADM Physical Design Control used quantified models of DBMSs and application designs to select a physical design that was likely to perform well in 1979.
- Frank Lin
- The concerns of innovation in organizations: a comparison of managerial and end-user perspectives and an Individual's Stages of concern
- IDS Seminar, CBPA CSUSB (Jan 20 2006)
- =EXPERIENCE CHINA PHARMACEUTICAL ERP
- Senior manager see things differently.
- China less positive than US.
- Concern-Based Adoption Model,
- CBAM::= awareness; informational; personal; management; consequence; collaboration; refocusing.
- Gregory V Wilson
- Where's the Real Bottleneck in Scientific Computing
- American Scientist V94n1(Jan-Feb 2006)pp5-6
- =EXPERIENCE TOOLS COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE IDE UNIT TESTS CM EDUCATION
- "the bottleneck between our ears"
- Claims scientists need training in using integrated development environments, symbolic debuggers, unit testing, reading code, version control, automating repetitive tasks, scripting languages, ...
- On the web
[ swc ]