>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [New Bibliographic Items]
|| [Site Search]
|| [Bibliography Search]
Fri Oct 7 12:52:16 PDT 2005
New Items October 7th 2005
- Tom Verdikt & Bart Dhoedt & Frank Gelenn & Piet Demeester
- Automatic Inclusion of Middle ware performance attributes into architectural UML software Models
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n8(Aug 2005)pp695-711
- =DEMO ALGORITHMS DATA XML TOOL UML1.4 MDA PIM-to-PSM PERFORMANCE Client-server CORBA
- Shows how in Model Driven Architecture(MDA) a Platform independent model (PIM) of a system can be changed into a Platform Specific Model (PSM) that allows estimates of performance to be made.
- Uses UML Profile for Performance Analysis, Deployment diagrams, collaborations, and activity diagrams.
- Anandasivam Gopal & Tridas Mukhopadhyay & M S Krishnan
- The Impact of institutional forces on software metrics programs
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n8(Aug 2005)pp679-694
- =SURVEY STATISTICS METRICS PROCESS MANAGEMENT CUSTOMERS RIVALS
- Applies Cooper and Zmud's innovation diffusion model(1990) :
- innovation_diffusion::= initiation; adoption; adaption; acceptance; routinization; infusion.
- Adaption is when the the normal processes are being changed to fit the innovation.
- Management, Customers, and rivals all influence whether a metrics program make it into/through adaption.
- See also
- i-Technology News Desk
- Linus Torvalds Outburst Sparks Fierce Debate: Does Open Source Software Need Specs?
- SYS-COM Magazines (Oct. 3, 2005 09:30 AM )
[ 136960.htm ]
- =REPORT =HARMFUL SPECIFICATIONS OPEN SOURCE LKML Linux kernel
- Original posting to LKML sep29 2005 12:57 PDT
- Equated 'reality' with 'code'.
- "Specs are a basis for _talking_about_ things. But they are _not_ a basis for implementing software."
- Swapna S Gokhale & Michael Rung-Tsong Lyu
- A Simulation Approach to Structure-Based Software Reliability Analysis
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n8(Aug 2005)pp643-656
- =SIMULATION RELIABILITY MODULES FAILURE REPAIR
- A Gunes Koru & Jeff (Jianhui) Tian
- Comparing High-change modules and modules with the highest measurement values in two large-scale Open-Source Products
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V31n8(Aug 2005)pp625-642
- =EXPERIENCE MINING OPEN SOURCE Mozilla OpenOffice EVOLUTION MODULES METRICS size cohesion coupling inheritance
- Modules that have the most changes are not those with the worst metrics!
- High change modules were not quite the highest.
- Used Tree based models to correlate metrics and changeability.
- Anecdotal: tough problems have highest measures but get the best programmers.
- Open source projects are a good source of software engineering data.
- Appendix describes the processes in Mozilla and OpenOffice.
- Fernando Berzal & Jean-Carlos Cubero & Nicolas Marin & Maria-Amparo Vila
- Lazy Types: Automating Dynamic Strategy Selection
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp98-106
- =DEMO TECHNICAL POLYMORPHIC TYPES C# .NET
- Lazy types have a common interface plus varying attributes and strategies for handling the interface depending on what attributes are available.
- Objects gain and loose attributes as the program executes, the methods adapt auto-magically to what attributes are present.
- lazy_types_library::= See http://elvex.ugr.es/software/lazy/,
-- proof of concept for .NET
- Uses hidden factory pattern and strategy pattern.
- Konstantinos Zachos & Neil Maiden & Amit Tosar
- Rich-Media Scenarios for discovering Requirements
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp89-97
- =DEMO TOOL WEB Requirements TEXT Scenarios + Video Audio BLOBs ART-SCENE DMAN ATC
- Figure 2. UML metamodel
- ART-SCENE generates What-if alternatives to given normal scenario steps.
- ART-SCENE 3 layer architecture.
- Vesna Hassler
- Open Source Libraries for Information Retrieval
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp78-82
- =SURVEY 5 OPEN SOURCE LIBRARIES IR Xapian Apache Lucene ht://Dig Swish-e DataparkSearch
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section New Items October 7th 2005) <<Contents | End>>