>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [New Bibliographic Items]
|| [Site Search]
|| [Bibliography Search]
Fri Sep 30 14:52:22 PDT 2005
New bibliography items September 30th 2005
Add 'letters V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp9-10' to
- J Fernando Naveda & Stephen B Seidman
- Professional Certification of Software Engineers: The CSDP Program
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp73-77
- =ADVERT IEEE CERTIFICATION PRACTICE BASED EXAMINATIONS URLs
- Paul G Clements & Lawrence G Jones & Linda M Northrop & John D McGregor
- Project Management in a Software Product Line Organization
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp54-62
- =CASE STUDY PRODUCT LINE DOMAIN MANAGEMENT ASSETS VARIATIONS EVOLUTION REUSE
- Though similar maintaining and extending a product line requires some changes in traditional approaches.
- Lists similarities and differences.
- Adding a product to an existing line is based on the assembly of existing assets.
- Choosing the correct new product involves assessing both the existing assets and products as well as the traditional analysis.
- Walker Royce
- Successful software Management style: Steering and balance
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp40-47
- =ADVERT RUP IBM RATIONAL
- Analogy: software is like a movie.
- Barry Boehm & Richard Turner
- Management Challenges to Implementing Agile Processes in Traditional Development Organizations
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp30-39
- =REPORT WORKSHOP Management Agile vs Traditional People Organizations Culture
- p34. Sidebar lists 8 nonproblems + 10problems due to size/scope + 18 significant issues.
- Authors make suggestions.
- Donald G Gause
- Why Context Matters - and What can we do about it?
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp13-15
- =ADVERT REQUIREMENTS Context Scope
- Warren Harrison
- What do Software Developers Need to know about Business?
- IEEE Software Magazine V22n5(Sep/Oct 2005)pp5-7
- =ESSAY BUSINESS CONTEXT ECONOMICS FINANCE EDUCATION
- Need to learn about more than computing.
- Scott W Ambler
- The Elements of UML2.0 Style
- Cambridge UP 2005
- =ADVERT UML AGILE STYLE
- Nice book but Not always standard and sometimes apposed by standard
- Alan S Horowitz
- IT workers: You can't always guess what they want
- Computerworld(Sep 12 2005)
- =ARTICLE MANAGEMENT MOTIVATION PEOPLE
- Confirms previous research:
- Money can cause dissatisfaction rather than motivation.
- More important: a meaningful task, recognition, security, access to new stuff, humane work schedule, contributing value.
- Perhaps three types: some want to continue as is, some want new technical challenges, and some want to become managers.
- Perhaps two: interested in the business vs interested in the technology.
- Managers need to open up upward channels of communication: surveys, meetings, chats, lunches, skip-level, ...
- Given a choice of reward: 40% would choose flextime&telecommuting, 35% an 8% raise, 13% a week of paid vacation, 12% better benefits and health insurance.