>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [New Bibliographic Items]
|| [Site Search]
|| [Bibliography Search]
Fri Apr 1 15:08:17 PST 2005
- Magne Jxrgenson & Kjetil Molxkken-Xstvold
- Reasons for software estimation Error: Impact of Respondent Role, information collection approach, and data analysis method
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n12(Dec 2004)pp993-1007
- =EMPIRICAL INTERVIEWS SURVEYS PEOPLE ESTIMATION ERRORS
- People blame errors on things they don't control and take credit for things they do control.
- Also see
- Luqi & Lin Zhang & Valdis Berzins & Ying Qiao
- Documentation driven development complex real-time systems
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n12(Dec 2004)pp936-952
- =DEMO TOOL CAPS-PC AUTOMATE DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS DESIGN CODE TIMING FSA/STD CARA AGILE STAKEHOLDERS LATTICES METRICS
- DDD::= "Documentation Driven Development".
- Central dynamic data base with automatic translation between requirements, architecture, and components plus translations and executable prototypes for stakeholders.
- Process management. Risk assessment. metrics: requirements volatility, organization efficiency, product complexity, technology maturity (temperature) , ...
- CARA blood pressure maintenance IV for army stretcher.
- Marek Vokac
- Defect frequency and design patterns: an empirical study of industrial code
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n12(Dec 2004)pp904-917
- =EXPERIENCE TECHNICAL PATTERNS TOOL QUALITY DEFECTS factory template singleton observer decorator class size superoffice CRM5
- Larger classes are changed more often.
- Singleton & observer are associated with complex situations that need extra effort & care.
- Martin P Robilard &Wesley Coelho & Gail C Murphy
- How Effective Developers Investigate Source Code
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n12(Dec 2004)pp889-903
- =EXPERIMENT 5 PEOPLE CODE EVOLUTION MAINTENANCE Jedit Java
- Those who made changes well also did them quicker
and used a planned and methodical search of the source code for what needed changing.
- Browsing and scrolling did not work as well as keyword and cross reference searching.
- Stephen H Edwards & Murali Sitaraman & Bruce W Weide & Joseph Hollingsworth
- Contract-check Wrappers for C++ Classes
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n11(Nov 2004)pp794-810
- =DEMO WRAPPERS CONTRACT ASSERTIONS TECHNICAL C++ V&V SQA FACTORY
- Instead of inline code checking assertions,
can provide optional compiled wrappers that contain assertions.
- Jeff Tian & Sunita Rudraraju & Zhao Li
- Evaluating Web Software Reliability Based on Workload and Failure Data Extracted from Server Logs
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n11(Nov 2004)pp754-769
- =EXPERIENCE WEB/NET RELIABILITY WORKLOAD LOGGING DATA STATISTICS SMU/SEAS KDE
- Access logs provide evidence of problems in content: "permission denied" and "file does not exist".
- Errors consistent with a Poisson process with time varying parameters,
- Can measure the growth in reliability.
- (Goel-Okumoto model): expected_number_of_errors(time) = N*(1-exp(-b*time)) for some N and b.
- Similar models of work load for two different web sites: weekly cycle.
- Similar reliability models.
- What measures workload? Bytes served, hits, users, sessions?
- Issa Traore & Demissie B Aredo
- Enhancing Structured Review with Model-Based Verification
- IEEE Trans Software Engineering V30n11(Nov 2004)pp736-753
- =EXPERIMENT V&V SQA INSPECTION TOOL PrUDE UML OCL PVS DNF
- Harder to find defects when no guidelines or tool help available. 50% missed. 30.min/defect.
- PVS checks conjectures generated by reviewers.
- Checked a use case model, an analysis model, and a design model.
- PVS semantics for a subset of the UML.
- PrUDE::= "Precise UML Development Environment".
- Generates test data.
- Gennaro Costagliola & Vincenzo Deufemia & Giuseppe Polese
- A Framework for Modeling and Implementing Visual Notations with Applications to Software Engineering
- ACM TOSEM Trans Software Eng & Methodology V13n4(Oct 2004)pp431-487
- =DEMO THEORY GRAPHICS LANGUAGE GRAMMAR PARSING METACASE VLDesk XPG XpLR UML Statecharts
- XPG::="eXtended Positional Grammar", syntactic description of visual notations in terms of visual symbols (vsymbols), plus spatial relations generating visual sentences.
- Ontology of spatial relations:
- Relation = Connection | Geometric
- Plex ==>Graph==>Connection,
- String ==>Iconic==>Box==>Geometric.
(End of Net)
- XpLR::=parsing method associated with XPG.
- VLDesk::tool, provides a "desk" where methodologists can develop CASE tools.