>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [New Bibliographic Items]
|| [Site Search]
|| [Bibliography Search]
Fri Jan 21 17:12:22 PST 2005
Bibliographic Changes January 2005
Add V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp9-11 to
Add V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)p9 to
Add CR 0501-0049 to
- Mirjana Jaksic
- Mapping of bibliographical standards into XML
- Software: Practice and Experience V34n11(Sep 2004)pp1051-1064
- =HOWTO XML BIBLIOGRAPHY MARC UNIMARC Java
- Alexander Egyed & Paul Grunbacher
- Identifying Requirements Conflicts and Cooperation: How Quality Attributes and Automated Traceability can help
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp50-58
- =THEORY AUTOMATED REQUIREMENTS TRADE-OFFS PURPOSES QUALITIES DEMO VOD Video-on-demand
- Express all requirements as tests and run them tracing which ones execute the overlapping pieces of code.
- Classify requirements in terms of type.
- Types indicate likely cooperation and conflict in a semantic web.
- Hence able to express trade-off situations.
- Francisco Ortin & Benjamin Lopez &J Baltasar Garcia Perez-Schofield
- Separating Adaptable Persistence Attributes through computational Reflection
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp41-49
- =DEMO TOOL SEPARATE PERSISTENCE DATA vs BUSINESS LOGIC Nitr0 Java REFLECTION
- Cemal Yilmaz & Atif Memon & Adam A Porter & Arvind S Krishna & Douglas S Schmidt & Aniruddha Gokhale & Balachandran Natarajan
- Preserving Distributed System's Critical Properties: A Model-Driven Approach
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp32-40
- =EXPERIMENT MODEL PERSISTENT QUALITIES SQA TOOL QoS PSA ACE+TAO Boeing Bold Stroke
- A semi-automatic tool (Skoll DCQA) running on a many CPUs found bugs in complex systems by searching out bad combinations of parameters that made tests fail.
- Nicolas Serrano & Sonia Calzada & Fernando Alonso & Ismael Ciordia
- Automated Management of Multicustomer Code Basis
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp26-31
- =EXPERIENCE TOOL MODEL DATA CODE SQLC MVC XML Java Ant Web/Net EVOLUTION VERSION
- Victor Basili & Paolo Donzelli &Sima Asgari
- A Unified Model of Dependability: Capturing Dependability in Context
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp19-25
- =CASESTUDY UMD TOOL THEORY QUALITIES DEPENDABILITY TSAFE
- Jargon! Students simulate stakeholders?
- Jeffrey Voas
- Software's Secret Sauce: the "-ilities"
- IEEE Software Magazine V21n6(Nov /Dec 2004)pp14-15
- =ADVERT QUALITIES
- Rebecca Blood
- How Blogging Software reshapes the online community
- Commun ACM V47n12(Dec 2004)pp53-55
- =ANECDOTE SOFTWARE BLOG
- Software tools change the way things are done and what words mean in powerful ways.
- Yogesh Malhotra and Dennis F Galletta
- Building Systems that Users want to use
- Commun ACM V47n12(Dec 2004)pp89-
- =EXPERIENCE =THEORY PEOPLE USERS SYSTEMS
- If users are not committed and/or not motivated then they tend not to use systems that provided for them.
- Improvement and value comes from systems being used not from the existence of the system.
- Two classic anecdotes: the Pillsbury intranet for sharing information that nobody used for six months. The PriceWaterhouse Coopers institutional document repository was never used when an inferior mailing list became a primary channel for communication
- Commitment: compliance..identification.. internalization.
- Motivation: intrinsic and extrinsic.
- (dick) |- ownership and involvement in development is a powerful motivator.
- Steve Sawyer
- Software Development Teams
- Commun ACM V47n12(Dec 2004)pp95-99
- =THEORY PEOPLE TEAMS
- Three team archetypes: sequential (production line fixed process, SDLC), group(interaction and iteration toward a product, RAD), and network(product focus with expert hubs, CPT & Open Source). Teams can also have hybrid.
- Gives advice on the issues(team, method, tool) and opportunities for each archetype.
- Neal Leavitt
- are web services finally ready to deliver.
- IEEE Computer Magazine V37n11(Nov 2004)pp14-18
- =ARTICLE Web/NET
- WS-I::= "web services interoperability organisation".
- OASIS::= "organisation for the advancement of structured information standards".
- Neville Holmes
- The usefulness of hindsight
- IEEE Computer Magazine V37n11(Nov 2004)pp120+ 118-119
- =ANECDOTE ANALYSIS USER DATA
[ StrongVolkov04 ]
- Henry Petroski
- Past and future failures
- American Scientist V92n06(Nov/Dec 2004)pp500-504
- =HISTORY ENGINEERING RISKS BRIDGES Y2K
- Each generation of bridge builders (each 30.years) has had a disaster as some unknown effect emerged in a new technology.
- ref to research 1977 by P G Sibly.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Bibliographic Changes January 2005) <<Contents | End>>