>> [Comp Sci Dept]
>> [R J Botting]
>> [CS488 Course Materials]
Wed Oct 1 17:55:54 PDT 2003
Feedback on Pre-test
- The test, deliberately, involved lots of issues including copyright,
misuse of company equipment/time, effect on colleagues, and the details of the technology.
- As explained, the grades will not be counted.
- I may have been a little too forgiving when you missed issues.
- Most people spotted the copyright issue. More later in class.
- The right to make a personal copy for nonprofit(fair use doctrine) is
limited. More later.
- Most forgot that a file sharing program tends to automatically upload
things as well.
- File sharing programs tend to advertise information about their network
and so lower the security of the company's network.
- They can download viruses/trojans/worms.
- Downloads and multiple uploads can overload a network.
- People and companies are being sued.
- The legality of something does not change when you are caught!
- Majority approval does not mean that something is right.
- Should rich companies sue small people?
Formulae and Definitions in Alphabetical Order