Suppose that you have to develop the CSUSB Inventory program for Facilities
Services. This software tracks all the equipment and furniture on campus.
It enables us to find where things have gone to. Each thing is in one place
and places can have any number of things. CSUSB Inventory is used when we
move, instal, replace, repair, and remove things from service. It helps us
find things and put them in the right place. Places include classrooms
List the nouns in the above.
Draw a domain model.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section CSUSB Inventory Control) <<Contents | End>>
- Draw a domain model to fit the following description in the space at the bottom of this sheet.
Hint: use a pencil and an eraser. Or a black/white board with chalk. Draw incomplete
Software runs in a depot that ships stocks requested by orders. It helps
the depot manager manage stock levels and outstanding orders.
The manager at a depot logs in and sees a list of the sales orders that his depot has not yet fulfilled.
Your diagram should show the following information (and not much else!).
- Depot, Product, Stock, Customer, Sales Order, Sales Item
- A Depot holds Stocks.
- Products are stocked as Stocks.
- A Depot has Customers.
- A Customer can have Sales Orders.
- A Sales Order has Sales Items.
- A Stock can be ordered as a Sales Item
- Each Stock has precisely one Product and is held at one Depot.
- Each Customer is served by only one depot.
- Each Sales Item is on one Sales Order and is for one Stock.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Exercise 1) <<Contents | End>>
[ 06xans.png ]
[ 07x1.png ]
and add these
- Depot: Id and address,
- Customer: name and address,
- Sales order: dateOrdered, dueDate,
- Sales Item: price and quantity,
- Product: description and units.
[ 07x1ans.gif ]
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Exercise 2) <<Contents | End>>