- List the five main sections of a Systems Design Specification
- What subheadings and artifacts should you find in each heading?
- Where in a Systems Design Specification do you find each of these artifacts:
a DFD, an ERD, Use cases,
non-functional requirements, Business Rules, deployment diagrams, and activity
- What things must you worry about when implementing a system?
- What things must you worry about when planning the operation of a system?
- Write a list of the activities that occur when implementing and operating a computer system (Final Question).
- Draw a context DFD of making a stack of cheese and pickle sandwiches.
- Draw a level-0 refined DFD of how to make a stack of cheese and pickle sandwiches.
- Draw a level-0 DFD of the flow of data from an existing system to analysis
and design artifacts, and into an improved system (about half a dozen data
stores and at least ten processes).
- Draw a deployment diagram of the following architecture: We have a web server that
acts as a front to a data base machine. The web server runs Linux and the
Apache web server plus PHP. The users access the web server by any browser running on
a generic computer. Authentication is handled by a separate system called the
Federated Identity server.
- List all the techniques covered in this Course and complete the following table
|Name||Purpose||Form (diagram or text)||Includes||Excludes
|scenario||list steps||text||steps, sequence, repetition||choices, parallelism
|symbolic logic/math||show rules||text||formulas||actions, goals, choices, sequences
- Final Question on Implementation
- Name and describe four(4) changeover processes.
- How do the four changeover methods differ in terms of cost and risk? (draw a diagram)
- Name one(1) form of changeover process recently used at CSUSB.
- In which recent project was it used?
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Questions on Systems Design Specification) <<Contents | End>>
- TBA::="To Be Announced".
- TBD::="To Be Done".
Notes -- Analysis
[ a1.html ]
[ a2.html ]
[ a3.html ]
[ a4.html ]
[ a5.html ]
[ c1.html ]
[ c2.html ]
[ c3.html ]
[ d1.html ]
[ d2.html ]
[ d3.html ]
[ d4.html ]
[ r1.html ]
[ r2.html ]
[ r3.html ]
[ project1.html ]
[ project2.html ]
[ project3.html ]
[ project4.html ]
[ project5.html ]
[ projects.html ]
[ F1.html ]
[ F2.html ]
[ F3.html ]
[ about.html ]
[ index.html ]
[ schedule.html ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ readings.html ]
[ review.html ]
[ glossary.html ]
[ contact.html ]
[ grading/ ]