- Review all documentation so far prepared.
- Review my web pages about DFDs, Data models, and costs....
- Correct any defects I marked in your artifacts.
- Describe the required data base.
- Validate your DFD against your data base.
First every data store in the DFD should also be an entity
in your ERD. You may need to change the names of data stores.
Then check that every process in your DFD can get the data
it needs from entities in your ERD. Also that it can
create, update, and delete the data it needs to change.
- Revise data base and or DFD.
- Resubmit a copy of the whole revised package.
Note: If a document is not changed, still hand it in for grading.
This is my last real chance to spot and remove errors.
Give me a copy of the following:
- Name of project and names of team members.
- Description and Justification (text, tables, context DFD)
- New system (level 0 DFD)
- Name Sources, sinks, stores, and processes plus data flows!
- Must follow DFD rules.
- Must not be a flowchart or activity diagram.
- Describe the data in the system as a data base: ERD+attributes.
The model should be in third normal form.
- Propose a strategy and justify it:
- For each process in new system do you
- Reuse the current process.
- Outsource the whole implementation process to another enterprise who does it for you.
- Buy off the shelf solution (which? how much?).
- Buy and customize an Off-the-shelf component.
- Download and customize an open-source component.
- Creatively use existing productivity tools (eg. MS Office).
- Embed it into the data base.
- Modify existing software (in-house).
- Develop it in-house as new software.
- Outsource the construction of of parts and glue the result together in-house.
- How much does each one cost?
- NO flowcharts or activity diagrams.
- High level (Business) functional requirements. What must the system do?
List at least the names of some important (too the enterprise) use cases.
- List any quality requirements. How well must the solution do its work?
- Verbal Progress report: start of next class.
- Paper work at Start of Next week's class.
- TBA::="To Be Announced".
- TBD::="To Be Done".
Notes -- Analysis
[ a1.html ]
[ a2.html ]
[ a3.html ]
[ a4.html ]
[ a5.html ]
[ c1.html ]
[ c2.html ]
[ c3.html ]
[ d1.html ]
[ d2.html ]
[ d3.html ]
[ d4.html ]
[ r1.html ]
[ r2.html ]
[ r3.html ]
[ project1.html ]
[ project2.html ]
[ project3.html ]
[ project4.html ]
[ project5.html ]
[ projects.html ]
[ F1.html ]
[ F2.html ]
[ F3.html ]
[ about.html ]
[ index.html ]
[ schedule.html ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ readings.html ]
[ review.html ]
[ glossary.html ]
[ contact.html ]
[ grading/ ]