- Review my comments on the previous iteration (in class)
- See if you can get any missing information by talking to some one, reading something, or
looking on the web.
- Make changes to your Project Scope.
- Explode/Refine the Context DFD into a fish eye level-0 DFD
[ p1DFD0.gif ]
for an example level 0 fish-eye DFD expanding on the previous
[ p1DFD.gif ]
- Provide details on one Data Flow in your DFDs.
- Do a Cost-Benefit Analysis:
- List of Benefit/Cost + Value(Intangible or Money) + When(+Periodic or once).
- A spreadsheet of costs and benefits vs
time discounting future cash flows.
Note: assume you've got 10 person weeks of free programming.
- What do you estimate the ROI and the break even point to be?
- Then rethink your project: how can it be developed? How to
make sure it has a good ROI? Revise the spreadsheet...
- Work in same teams.
- Start in class, finish ready for next class.
- Spend time in class planning in detail who does what, where, when,
and possibly how.
- Deliverable: List of costs and benefits with guesstimated values.
Due at the start of the next class. Also present
to next class one slide/page DFD. Hand in paper copy
with team names and detailed cost/benefit analysis and DFDs.
Note: you can include 10 weeks of programming/testing/implementation
by each member of the team
with about 4 hours per week at zero cost (CSci375).
- Cover sheet with project name and names of people on team
- A Copy of the Cost-Benefit analysis and ROI
- A Fish eye DFD of context and Level 0 DFD
[ a4.html ]
Here you show a single process and its environment and THEN
describe some of idea of how to construct it -- or how it works.
Don't forget to label data flows.
- Hand in one detailed description
of an important data flow. Provide
at least the following meta-data that would be in a data dictionary:
- Label/Name on DFD
- Aliases (if any)
- Record Structure
(name + the fields and data elements)
- Volume and Frequency: how much, how often?
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Project Iteration 2 -- More details) <<Contents | End>>
- TBA::="To Be Announced".
- TBD::="To Be Done".
Notes -- Analysis
[ a1.html ]
[ a2.html ]
[ a3.html ]
[ a4.html ]
[ a5.html ]
[ c1.html ]
[ c2.html ]
[ c3.html ]
[ d1.html ]
[ d2.html ]
[ d3.html ]
[ d4.html ]
[ r1.html ]
[ r2.html ]
[ r3.html ]
[ project1.html ]
[ project2.html ]
[ project3.html ]
[ project4.html ]
[ project5.html ]
[ projects.html ]
[ F1.html ]
[ F2.html ]
[ F3.html ]
[ about.html ]
[ index.html ]
[ schedule.html ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ readings.html ]
[ review.html ]
[ glossary.html ]
[ contact.html ]
[ grading/ ]