- Give examples of solutions that have become problems.
- Compare and contrast briefly: item vs record, record vs file, file vs data base.
- List the types of information that is documented in a data dictionary? How?
- You have a set of DFDs describing your system, how do you start defining
- The Processes in the DFD
- The Data (stores and flows) in the DFD
- The External Entities in the DFD
- Give a brief description of a Glossary including its form and its purpose.
- What terms would you need to define if you were working on a project concerned
with registering students in classes in CSUSB?
- What is BNF? What can you use it for in a software project?
- How many formats can you create for a date? How can you define the format used
in a particular system?
- Give a brief description of a Data Dictionary including its form and its purpose.
- Describe the data found in the white pages of a phone book.
- Describe the data found in the yellow pages of a phone book.
- Give a brief description of a Scenario including its form and its purpose.
- What is the difference between a Goal, a Story, and a Scenario?
- Write a scenario for one of these activities/processes:
- Eat Lunch.
- Pump gas.
- Register for a class.
- Submit CS372 assigned work.
- Preparing to interview someone.
- Write a program.
- Get together with other people who chose the same situation and compare
your scenario with theirs. Make sure that all the scenarios are logical or essential.
Do not choose the best. Do not try to combine them.
- Add another Scenarios to the ones you just wrote.
- Add another Scenarios to the one you just wrote.
- Give a brief description of a Prototype including its form and its purpose. Write a simple Scenario describing what happens when you
- List the types of prototype.
- Distinguish: prototype vs iteration.
- What should you prototype?
- Give an example of a low tech prototype.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Class Room Exercises) <<Contents | End>>
- TBA::="To Be Announced".
- TBD::="To Be Done".
Notes -- Analysis
[ a1.html ]
[ a2.html ]
[ a3.html ]
[ a4.html ]
[ a5.html ]
[ c1.html ]
[ c2.html ]
[ c3.html ]
[ d1.html ]
[ d2.html ]
[ d3.html ]
[ d4.html ]
[ r1.html ]
[ r2.html ]
[ r3.html ]
[ project1.html ]
[ project2.html ]
[ project3.html ]
[ project4.html ]
[ project5.html ]
[ projects.html ]
[ F1.html ]
[ F2.html ]
[ F3.html ]
[ about.html ]
[ index.html ]
[ schedule.html ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ readings.html ]
[ review.html ]
[ glossary.html ]
[ contact.html ]
[ grading/ ]