/ [R J Botting]
/[CS320 Course Materials]
Sat Apr 21 07:38:20 PDT 2012
- To have logged in and used our Linux Lab computers.
- To have found and looked at the CS320 WWW site.
- Log in as usual. Start Firefox or Konqueror. Input this URL in the location box:
[ http://cse.csusb.edu/dick/cs320/ ]
- Try most of the links at the top of the page.... where do they go?
- Try the Search engine. Can you find "Lab 01"?
- Visit the Computer Science Club
[ http://cse.csusb.edu/resources/club/ ]
and look at
[ csec_sb ]
- Follow this link
[ ../consumers.html ]
to some joke definitions of languages
and print out copies to read later.
- Check out the preparation for the next class
[ ../02.html ]
Due At the end of the laboratory period.
Grading: D=worked hard but got nowhere(7/10),..., A=100% successful completion
- Show me what you have found on the web site.
- Point out an error or ask a question.
- Go to this page
[ 01.cpp ]
and a download a copy (File.... Save as.... Source).
Compile and run it. I can show how to run my "Q" program from inside "vi".
- Here are some commands that run versions of languages we will discuss in this course.
Try one or two of them out.
|python||Python||Interpreter, type CTRL/D to exit
|lisp||Common LISP||Interpreter, type CTRL/D to exit
|guile ||Scheme||Interpreter, type CTRL/D to exit
|swipl ||Prolog||Interpreter, type CTRL/D to exit
|ruby||Ruby||ruby -e command and supply input(??)
|javac,java||Java||Compiler and interpreter
[ wat ]
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section 6a If you have some time spare:) <<Contents | End>>
- Fill in the form asking for one.
- In the lab, sit with someone who does have an account.
- Learn by watching them, asking questions, and taking notes.
You may need to study the recommended UNIX books for CS201 or CS202.
- Wait for your account to be created (typically 48 hours) and then do the lab.
- Show me when done, to get the points.
- Fill in the form reporting the problem and hand it to the technicians or EMail email@example.com (Birdie Wang).
- Tell me! Then relax...
- Show me when you've got on line and done the lab, to get the points.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Alternative Scenarios) <<Contents | End>>
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Lab 01) <<Contents | End>>