|Previous 01 Surviving CS320||-||lab01 Languages on Web
|02 Preliminaries||Study handouts + Chapter 1||lab02 HTML home page
|Next 03 Evolution of Main Languages||Chapter 2||lab03 HTML lab pages
- You get a point for turning up on time.
- You get a point for staying awake and active until I dismiss you.
- Study the schedule and syllabus. Can you spot any
ambiguities or errors? Program your PDA! It can be embarrassing to be out
of step in this class. It can also lose points.
- Read and laugh at the "Consumers Guide to Programming
[ lab/01.html ]
- Study chapter 1 the text book.
- 5 or more reasons to study this topic
- 6 or more Programming Domains and their languages
- 3 Criteria and 9 characteristics for evaluating languages
- 2 or more influences?
- 4 categories
- 3 ways to implement a language.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Chapter 1) <<Contents | End>>
- Do as many of the Review Questions from the end of
chapter 1 (pages
) that you have time for. Ignore the Problem Set.
- Prepare readable written answers to 2 Review Questions. Include the question and the
answer. You can write more answers if you want. Hint: choose questions with short
answers that you may be in doubt about!
- Bring your own written answers to the next class. I give 1 points max
for each one up to a maximum of 2.
Your graded and corrected questions and answers can be used in the final.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section Assigned work due) <<Contents | End>>
[ 02q.html ]
will be published shortly before the start of class.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section CS320 Session 02 Preliminaries) <<Contents | End>>
[ lab/02.html ]
[ 03.html ]