CSci202 Text Books
"Big C++" by Budd and Horstman, latest edition.
It should be in the book store. Used and cheap copies should be OK,
but do not buy older editions.
The schedule(link above) gives the assigned readings.
You might want to check out
[ forums ]
as another resource.
- Algorithm::=A precise description of a series of steps to attain a goal,
[ Algorithm ]
- class::="A description of a set of similar objects that have similar data plus
the functions needed to manipulate the data".
- Data_Structure::=A small data base.
- Function::programming=A selfcontained and named piece of program that knows how to do something.
- Gnu::="Gnu's Not Unix", a long running open source project that supplies a
very popular and free C++ compiler.
- KDE::="Kommon Desktop Environment".
- object::="A little bit of knowledge -- some data and some know how", and
instance of a class".
- OOP::="Object-Oriented Programming",
Current paradigm for programming.
- Semantics::=Rules determining the meaning of correct statements in a language.
- SP::="Structured Programming",
a previous paradigm for programming.
- STL::="The standard C++ library of classes and functions" -- also called the
"Standard Template Library" because many of the classes and functions will work
with any kind of data.
- Syntax::=The rules determining the correctness and structure of statements in a language, grammar.
- Q::software="A program I wrote to make software easier to develop",
- TBA::="To Be Announced", something I should do.
- TBD::="To Be Done", something you have to do.
- UML::="Unified Modeling Language".
- void::C++Keyword="Indicates a function that has no return".