Opening the PDF files on this page may require you to download
Adobe Reader or an equivalent viewer (GhostScript).
[ ../plan.html ]
Generic syllabus for this quarter:
[ syllabus.htm ]
[ syllabus.pdf ]
The CS202 syllabus:
[ syllabus.txt ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ syllabus.htm ]
[ syllabus.pdf ]
[ schedule.html ]
you can copy this in a browser and paste into a
PDA, Palm, or spreadsheet.
Use ssh or SSH. The s is for secure -- your passwords and work
is encrypted as they flow through the networks.
A Windows SH client program can be obtained from:
From there download the latest SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.0.exe.
You run this program and
it should install SSH and an excellent Secure File Transfer Protocol
The Ssh Client
pops up a terminal screen just like the one you use to run compilers
in the lab. You can run 'vi' and 'pico' etc inside the ssh terminal
You need to know the addresses of our servers.
We give these out in classes, labs, offices and other Face-to-face
meetings for security reason's.
(sftp): By the way the sftp program lets you drag-and-drop files between directories
on your machine and directories on remotes machines.
If you run Linux, and only if you run Linux, you
may need the ssh client RPMs.
I'm not sure where the Linux client RPMs are any more. Please
let me know if you find them or know where they are.
. . . . . . . . . ( end of section CS202 Syllabi) <<Contents | End>>
- Dia::="Diagram Editor", -- a free drawing tool for Linux and Windoze.
- STL::= "Standard Template Library".
[ The Standard Library in resources ]
- TBA::= "To Be Announced".
- TBD::= "To Be Done".
- UML::="Unified Modeling Language",
[ UML in resources ]
- UNIX::Operating_system= See http://cse.csusb.edu/dick/cs202/resources.html#UNIX.
- accessor::=`A Function that accesses information in an object with out changing the object in any visible way".
In C++ this is called a "const function".
In the UML it is called a query.
- Algorithm::=A precise description of a series of steps to attain a goal,
[ Algorithm ]
- class::="A description of a set of similar objects that have similar data plus the functions needed to manipulate the data".
- constructor::="A Function in a class that creates new objects in the class".
- Data_Structure::=A small data base.
- destructor::=`A Function that is called when an object is destroyed".
- Function::programming=A selfcontained and named piece of program that knows how to do something.
- Gnu::="Gnu's Not Unix", a long running open source project that supplies a
very popular and free C++ compiler.
- mutator::="A Function that changes an object".
- object::="A little bit of knowledge -- some data and some know how". An
object is instance of a class.
- objects::=plural of object.
- OOP::="Object-Oriented Programming",
Current paradigm for programming.
- Semantics::=Rules determining the meaning of correct statements in a language.
- SP::="Structured Programming",
a previous paradigm for programming.
- STL::="The standard C++ library of classes and functions" -- also called the
"Standard Template Library" because many of the classes and functions will work
with any kind of data.
- Syntax::=The rules determining the correctness and structure of statements in a language, grammar.
- Q::software="A program I wrote to make software easier to develop",
- TBA::="To Be Announced", something I should do.
- TBD::="To Be Done", something you have to do.
- UML::="Unified Modeling Language".
- void::C++Keyword="Indicates a function that has no return".