- Your Name
- What was the last Computer Science course you took
- When did you take it
- Where did you take it
- Operating System used
- Programming language used
This will not be graded. It will be used to see who is here
and what you know.
[ 02.html ]
Review CSCI201 material.
- accessor::=`A Function that accesses information in an object with out changing the object in any visible way".
In C++ this is called a "const function".
In the UML it is called a query.
- Algorithm::=A precise description of a series of steps to attain a goal,
[ Algorithm ]
- class::="A description of a set of similar objects that have similar data plus the functions needed to manipulate the data".
- constructor::="A Function in a class that creates new objects in the class".
- Data_Structure::=A small data base.
- destructor::=`A Function that is called when an object is destroyed".
- Function::programming=A selfcontained and named piece of program that knows how to do something.
- Gnu::="Gnu's Not Unix", a long running open source project that supplies a
very popular and free C++ compiler.
- mutator::="A Function that changes an object".
- object::="A little bit of knowledge -- some data and some know how". An
object is instance of a class.
- objects::=plural of object.
- OOP::="Object-Oriented Programming",
Current paradigm for programming.
- Semantics::=Rules determining the meaning of correct statements in a language.
- SP::="Structured Programming",
a previous paradigm for programming.
- STL::="The standard C++ library of classes and functions" -- also called the
"Standard Template Library" because many of the classes and functions will work
with any kind of data.
- Syntax::=The rules determining the correctness and structure of statements in a language, grammar.
- Q::software="A program I wrote to make software easier to develop",
- TBA::="To Be Announced", something I should do.
- TBD::="To Be Done", something you have to do.
- UML::="Unified Modeling Language".
- void::C++Keyword="Indicates a function that has no return".