CS202 session 01
Introduction to course and survival guide
Turn up on time.
Due in -- Nothing
Class Work -- Listen and take note
[ ../syllabus.html ]
[ syllabus.html ]
[ schedule.html ]
Check Web site several times a week
[ index.html ]
Normally we will do exercises in class
[ 01q.html ]
[ 02.html ]
Review CSCI201 material.
- Algorithm::=A precise description of a series of steps to attain a goal,
[ Algorithm ]
- class::="A description of a set of similar objects that have similar data plus
the functions needed to manipulate the data".
- Data_Structure::=A small data base.
- Function::programming=A selfcontained and named piece of program that knows how to do something.
- Gnu::="Gnu's Not Unix", a long running open source project that supplies a
very popular and free C++ compiler.
- KDE::="Kommon Desktop Environment".
- object::="A little bit of knowledge -- some data and some know how", and
instance of a class".
- OOP::="Object-Oriented Programming",
Current paradigm for programming.
- Semantics::=Rules determining the meaning of correct statements in a language.
- SP::="Structured Programming",
a previous paradigm for programming.
- STL::="The standard C++ library of classes and functions" -- also called the
"Standard Template Library" because many of the classes and functions will work
with any kind of data.
- Syntax::=The rules determining the correctness and structure of statements in a language, grammar.
- Q::software="A program I wrote to make software easier to develop",
- TBA::="To Be Announced", something I should do.
- TBD::="To Be Done", something you have to do.
- UML::="Unified Modeling Language".
- void::C++Keyword="Indicates a function that has no return".