[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Phillip G Armour
- The Business of Software: The Ontology of Paper
- Commun ACM V52n1(Jan 2009)pp23-24
[ 1435417.1435427 ]
- =ESSAY DOCUMENTATION PAPER vs
- Claims that the industrial revolution did not occur until steam engines were used
to create steam engines.
- Claims that current software technology
tends to reproduce the defects of paper-based artifacts.
- Describes the properties of paper artifacts:
difficult to link artifacts, not executable, not easily verifiable,
serial access, imposes a hierarchical structure,
places information within a linear context,
inherently single-tasking, ...
- Even hypertext does not relax these constraints.
- Claims that older systems fitted the paper model well.
- New systems need the external linkages and executability of software.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]