[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Peter J Denning
- The profession of IT: The Grounding Practice
- Commun ACM V54n12(Dec 2011)pp36-40
[ 2043174.2043188 ]
- =IDEA CLAIMS EVIDENCE ARGUMENTS DATA cf TOULMIN
- Grounded_claim::=a claim accompanied by sufficient relevant supporting evidence.
- Objective vs subjective evidence.
- Also: plausibility, balance, commitment.
- Need to provide more than objective evidence when an innovation may change the culture.
- Some claims depend on community opinions.
But beware truthiness.
- p40: Table describes the anatomy of a grounded claim.
- Get into the habit of noticing what kind of grounds are presented when people present claims.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]