[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Neville Holmes
- The Data Doughnut and the Software Hole
- IEEE Computer Magazine V39n6(Jun 2006)pp100+98-99
- =ESSAY MODULAR SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE DATA vs INPUT vs OUTPUT INFORMATION IT DP ERP CSCI372
- Claims that large systems fail because they are integrated rather than modular.
- Best architecture has a central data base plus information processing programs around it.
- (dick)|-These observations are still true even if they were first made 30 years ago.
- (dick)|-However... there is a family of components that are neither input, output, or database. These are interactive interfaces for editing data.
See Model-view-controler(MVC), Ambler on architecture, and so on back to SSADM and JSP.
- Also see Gankarz for the Unix way of modularizing programs.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]