[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Rob Armstrong
- Seven Steps to Optimizing Data Warehouse Performance
- IEEE Computer Magazine V34n12(Dec 2001)pp76-79
- =ADVERT PERFORMANCE OLAP DATA WAREHOUSE
- Good for OLTP is bad for OLAP. Cf SSADM Physical design control in 1980's.
- steps: use relational OLTP data, implement special views via SQL, add indices, store more summaries, denormalize, denormalize irrationally, export data.
- Cycle: define requirement, understand benefits, determine needed data, find lowest step to get performance, calculate costs, implement or redefine requirements.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]