[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Diomedis Spinellis
- Silver Bullets and other Mysteries
- IEEE Software Magazine V24n3(May/Jun 2007)pp22-23
- =ESSAY SUBOPTIMAL PROCESSES DEATHMARCH FADS LEGACY GAMES
- Notes Alan Davies's explanation (NASSCOM 2006) of why developers and
marketers agree on adding functions with impossible delivery dates.
- Reason: Machiavellian win-win after failure
- Developers blame the impossible schedule.
- Marketers blame the delay for missing the market window.
- Similarly rather than developers admitting the low quality of a legacy
system, they prefer to promote its replacement with one using the latest
silver bullet method/technology/process. Managers earn points for vision
and proactivity. Vendors make money by selling the new ideas. And if it
fails, then both developers and managers can blame the immaturity of the
new silver bullet.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]