[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- John Allen Paulos
- Once Upon a Number: The Hidden Mathematical Logic of Stories
- Basic Books NewYork NY 1998 ISBN 0-465-05158-8 QA276.P285
- =ESSAY LOGIC MATHEMATICS and story telling
- Differences between informal logic and formal logic.
- The importance of taking a point of view or placing data in a story-like context.
- Note: Software is a formal system thrown into an informal context.
- Choice can change the odds in such a way as to invalidate the choice!
- Ramsey-type theorems: In a large enough sample even unlikely events will occur.
- The Delphi-Omni-Sci is programmed to answer any Yes/No question about the physical world correctly by outputting Yes or No. It fails if asked if it is about to answer "No".
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]