[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Arika Okrent
- In the Land of Invented Languages: Esperanto Rock Stars, Klingon Poets, Loglan Lovers, and the Mad Dreamers Who Tried to Build A Perfect Language
- Random House Publishing Group Pub. Date: May 2009 ISBN-13: 9780385527880 352pp
- =SURVEY =HISTORY 900 ARTIFICIAL LANGUAGES Blissymbolics MATHEMATICS LOGIC Elvish Esperanto Gestuno Wilkins thesaurus Dalgarno Zamenhoff ONTOLOGY
- Repeatedly somebody has had the same ideas for improving on natural
"grown" languages -- using logic, setting up an ontology, using symbols,
using numbers, using european languages, etc.
- There is no natural ontology/symbology/adamic language.
- Humans evolve the language that they use.
Language inventors come into conflict with language users.
- Bliss symbols for disabled children -- students needs vs Bliss's obsessions.
- Loglan vs Lojban. Brown vs the Loglanists.
- Writing Lojban is like programming. Speaking it seems to be impossible.
- Learning a new language leads you to see the world differently.
- Benjamin Whorf's Hypothesis?
- Didn't mention e-prime or SLUNT...
- You thoughts can go here:
[click here if you can fill this hole]
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]