[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Ted G Lewis(<email@example.com>Naval Postgraduate School)
- The Next 10000 Years: Part II
- IEEE Computer Magazine V29N5(May 1996)pp78-86
- =ESSAY predictions DESIGN REUSE
Note 10000years = 16.years,
- networks will survive.
Software as Steam for the future.
Quotes Capers Jones on programmer productivity increasing 3-5% per year ($/fp).
Shows comparison of power of languages.
reates an oportunity for new ideas etc.
Predicts large MIS will go for visual tools and object tools rather than languages.
(compare Keuffel96? - the bubble sort effect).
OT as a stepping stone, discarding functional decomposition and hiding if-then-else logic.
- Errors of inheritance and polymorphism.
- Things lacking and possible fixes:
- Requirements: continuous adaption
- defects: correct-by-construction
- Avoid big systems, make pieces
- Time: paint programs
- Cost: throwaway parts
- expertise: use tools with artistic skills needed
- Frameworks with API, Components produced by experts.
- Applets as event handlers with user in control using frameworks and components
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]