[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Philipe Kruchten
- The Biological Half-life of Software Engineering Ideas
- IEEE Software Magazine V25n5(Sep/Oct 2008)pp10-11
- =SURVEY IDEAS 1988..2008
- Half_life(C)::=The time taken before 50% of a chemical C is removed from a body, example: Half_life(caffeine) =~= 3.5.hrs.
- Out of 50 items in IEEE Software from 1988 no more than 3 are still important.
- This implies a Half_life of about 5.years.
- Professional organizations enforce continuing professional development.
- More important to learn how to learn than learn the language/system of the day.
- (dick)|-Compare the half life used to model radioactive decay.
- (dick)|-Suggests exponential decay:
- amount (t) = amount (t0) * 2 ** ((t0-t)/ half_life) ).
- (dick)|-Which ideas are strong enough to survive?
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]