[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Constance Heitmeyer
- Software Cost Reduction
- Center for High Assurance Computer Systems (CHACS) Publications 2002
[ 2002heitmeyer-encse.pdf ]
- =HISTORY PARNAS NRL SCR IDEAS NOTATIONS TOOLS TABULAR LOGIC NAT IN OUT REQ A-7E TAME REQUIREMENTS DESIGN MODULES
- @T(c)::=c becomes true,
- @F(c)::=c becomes false.
- SCR uses logic and tables to express very clearly what is expected of a new system.
- Software that monitors certain inputs and controls certain outputs.
- It uses a four variable model (NAT+REQ+IN+OUT) that distinguishes
the assumed properties (NAT) from the requirements (REQ).
IN and OUT specify tolerances.
- Software has modes. Tables relate modes and events. Finite State model.
- Human inspection for defects proved expensive and tools uncovered more defects afterwards.
- Tools include SPIN, TAME, PVS, Salsa, an invariant generator, .
- Usable subsets of requirements lead to the uses hierarchy, module guide, etc..
- Methods and tools applied to real projects to discover problems.
- Also see
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]