[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- David Gries
- Teaching Calculation and Discrimination: A More Effective Curriculum
- Commun ACMV34n3(Nar 1991)pp44-54. Letters Commun ACM V34n9(Oct 1991)pp16-18 & 91-95 & Commun ACM V35n2(Feb 1992)pp22-26
- =ESSAY FORMAL LOGIC MATH EDUCATION
text book version
p45"In Summary, Software engineering, Computing, and Computing education all suffer from a lack of basic mathematical skills that are needed in dealing with algorithmic concepts.", "Calculational proofs", "overhauling the CS Magor",
- p54"The main activity that is supposed to separate engineering from other fields is design: the actual activity of preparing a plans for some object[..] design of proofs[...]".
- p54"Let us all learn more about calculational techniques and gain skill with them: and let us begin to teach computing using them."
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]