[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Alex Baker & Andres van der Hoek & Harold Ossher & Marian Petre
- Studying Professional Software Design
- IEEE Software Magazine V29n1(Jan/Feb 2012)pp28-33
- =HISTORY REPORT WORKSHOP DESIGNERS WORKING
[ MS.2011.155 ]
- Quotes known observations:
- Little exploration of alternatives.
- Their is no linear process and no design phase.
- Whiteboards and other transient media are prevalent in design work.
- Notations are informal but not unlike the formal ones.
- Experts tend to start by studying the problem and understand how to decompose problems and select the next subproblem to work on.
- Designers have strategies but make provisional decisions to allow future options.
- Designers try different topics vs the problem.
- Experts tend to use local planning and gather feedback rather than analysing requirements.
- Process emerges opportunistically not preplanned. But is a mixture of depth and breadth first solution development.
- The more familiar the problem, the fewer options are considered.
- Introduces results of the workshop:-
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]