[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Mohamed E Fayad & Louis J Hawn & Mark A Roberts & Jerry R Klatt (Macdonnel Douglas Corp)
- Using the Shlaer-Mellor Object-Oriented Analysis Method
- IEEE Software Magazine V10n2 (Mar 1993)pp43-52 + Correspondence V10n5(Sep 1993)pp6-7
- OBJECT-ORIENTED METHOD OOA review
- p43. consistently produced better abstract objects than other OOMethods
- p44. Best applied to information systems or to re-engineering; when the data objects are defined.
**disputed in correspondence**
Colberts ws succssful, but SAD not defined map from analysis to design, or use of Ada Packages. S-M: 2 months for ERA, rules:uniformit, more than name, no Ors, more than a list. Tangibles|roles|incidents|interactions|specifications
- p47 CASE tool:=Teamwork
- pp48-49 ->> Object selection(ERA) is sound TNF rules
Get a complete information model first, Need more than names and few lowlevel object classes defined.
Good in the RT area
States -> the wicked problem (Ramamoorthy). Weak in the PQ and S area.
- p50. Data and process analysis linked, can express constraints, but DFDs become cluttered needed a data and process dictionary. State models can list duplicate processes. Need more views of objects. Semantics difficult: Just choosing descriptive words.
- p51 Interaction insufficiently documented. DFD not much help (*disputed*)with update/retrieval but resulting processes are cohesive.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]