[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Tom Maibaum
- formal methods versus engineering
- ACM Inroads & SIGCSE Bulletin V41n2(Jun 2009)pp6-12
- =EDITORIAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE MATHEMATICS DESIGN HANDBOOKS EDUCATION METHODOLOGY COOKBOOK
- Quotes Vincenti90 and MAJackson.
- Engineers need standard cookbook methods and calculations suited to specific kinds of problems.
- Fails to mention DDD(JSP, compilers, database, JSD, SSADM etc), Model checking ( SMV Alloy etc.)
- Does not discuss the intractability and/or unsolvability of the problem of calculating consequences of requirements.
- Implies that given pre/post conditions the code can be generated automatically
-- but actually the engineer needs to supply internal invariants, structures, and non-functional requirements to determine the best design for code.
- More on the scientific basis for software engineering
and compare with
on formal methods in software engineering.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]