[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Mary Shaw (CMU)
- Continuing prospects for an Engineering Discipline of Software
- IEEE Software magazine V26n6(Nov/Dec 2009)pp64-67
- =ESSAY ENGINEERING SOFTWARE
- Review of
"Prospects for an Engineering Discipline of software"
- History of programming practices by decade originally 1960-1990 now extended to 2010.
- Three new trends: abstract architecture (1990+-5), Democratization on the Internet (2000+-5),
Vanishing system boundaries.
- Notes conflict between high-ceremony (CMM) vs agile and open-source processes.
- Production and Craft ~~> Commercial, Commercial and Science ~~> Engineering.
- Need for documented for routine ways to solve precedented problems.
Being satisfied by open documents on the web.
- More specialisms are emerging.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]