[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Peter C Rigby & Brendan Cleary & Frederic Painchard & Margaret-Anne Storey & Daniel M German
- Contemporary Peer Review in Action: Lessons from Open Source Development
- IEEE Software Magazine V29n6(Nov/Dec 2012)pp56-61
- =EXPERIENCE SQA F/OSS OPEN SOURCE PEER REVIEW INSPECTIONS TOOLS PROCESSES Fagan
- Traditional reviews are dreaded by both authors and reviewers vs the integrated code review in Open Source. Why?
- Aynchronous reviews: You don't need a meeting.
- Frequent Reviews: The earlier the better. And a close to continuous as possible.
- Incremental Reviews: Review many small independent changes.
- Invested and experienced reviewers: Those who understand the context of the change.
- Empower experienced reviewers: Let experts choose changes but assign the unchosen changes.
- Lightweight tools: Tracebillity and integrated. Email. diff. inline discussion. hide and show context. version control. centralise code and discussion. dashboard vies. metrics.
- Nonintrusive metrics.
- Easier to implement in an agile environment.
- OSS allows reviews to solve problems.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]