[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Robert C Martin
- Clean Code: A Handbook of agile software craftsmanship
- Pearson Education 2009 Boston MA ISBN 0-13-2350088-2 CR 0912-1114 and 1003-0222
- =HOWTO CODE TECHNICAL QUALITY WRITING JAVA
- Demands study but tends to change the way you look at code.
- All examples are Java 6 but it changed my C++ standards.
- Stresses the iterative and evolutionary nature of code -- enhancement and refactoring as the constant change.
- 90% is well known advice dating back 30 years.
- Some of it is startling
- Comments should be reduced in favor of more better named functions and variables.
- Objects and data structures are different:
Objects hide data and provide functions, but
data structures give access to data and have no other function!
- Writing tests is a good way to learn an API and pays for itself by proving documentation.
- Refactoring an SQL class leads to a functional decomposition of classes into subclasses.
- "Inversion of Control" and "Dependency Injection" -- dependencies are created at run time.
- Use Domain Specific Languages at the systems level.
- Good list of smells and heuristics in Chapter 17.
- Notes and recommend an interesting property of Java 5 "enum"s
-- can specify functions that return different values for each value in the enum.
Better than "switch".
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]