[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Kieran Conboy & Sharon Coyle & Xiaofeng Wang
- People over Process: key challenges in agile development
- IEEE Software Magazine V28n4(Jul/Aug 2011)pp48-57
- =POLL 27 PROJECTS AGILE PROBLEMS PRACTICES
- Good table defining agility.
- Transparency causes fear: provide alternative feedback, provide mentors, pairing.
- (dick)|-Also control big mouths!
- Every body must master all trades: pairing and rotation, allow self-assignment for learning, perhaps reintroduce specialist roles when it would help team.
- More social skills: training using own examples, add documentation to communication.
- Lack of business/domain knowledge: enterprise training+interactive niche training modules, hire tech+business skills.
- Need to adopt agile values and principles as well as practices: many get trained or go to conference, coaching and championing, cross-team observation, assess values not practice.
- Motivation: include motivated in each team, collect and share success stories.
- Devolved decision-making: sharing and learning, democratic voting, manager as facilitator.
- Need agile compliant performance evaluation: bredth not depth, 360 degree evaluation.
- Recruitment: special processes, team recruiting, put new graduates on agile projects to learn hands-on.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]