[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Joseph S Valacich & D Veena Parboteach & John D Wells
- The Online Consumer's Hierarchy of Needs
- Commun ACM V50n9(Sep 2007)pp-
- =POLL USERS NEEDS WEB/NET PURPOSES QUALITIES ONESIZE OCHN
- OCHN::="Online Consumers Hierarchy of Needs".
- All users
want "Functional Convenience" -- being able to get things done.
- "Utilitarian" websits like Banking and Bill Paying what matters is
reliability, correct operation, explicit security, response time, ... and other
evidence of "Structural Firmness".
- Another extreme are "Hedonic"
websites (Music, Movies, Games, Gambling, ...) where the users
want "Representational Delight" most -- consistent look and feel, visual
appeal, creative design, Good colors, rich media, ...
- "Hibrid" sites (news, shopping, auctioning, Travel, ...) wher the users
want a dregree of "Delight" mixed with some "Structural Firmness".
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]