[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Diomedis Spinellis
- Choosing and Using Open Source Components
- IEEE Software Magazine V28n3(May/Jun 2011)p96+95
- =HOWTO CHOOSE F/OSS COMPONENTS
- Like choosing a spouse!
- Legal status and license vs your situation.
- Binary or source. Time to build binary from source? Portability.
- Quality: popularity, wise opinions, documentation, support
- Release history=heart beat. Is it alive? Does it allow a choice of stable and cutting edge versions?
- Project community = the family you are marrying into. One man show? Team work? Democracy or autocracy?
- How open to submissions? How to reintegrate?
- Style. Consistent? Commented? Names? Easy to use? Easy to adapt? Avoid complexity!
- How to reuse? All or some? Tweaks only! Use version control branches. Tracking new releases?
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]