[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Ed Seidewitz
- What Models Mean
- IEEE Software Magazine V20n5(Sep/Oct 2003)pp26-32
- =ESSAY MODEL SEMANTICS INTERPRETATION THEORY METAMODEL UML
- SUS:="System under study".
- Amodel is a set of statements about a SUS. It iscorrect if all the statements are true of the SUS.
- If a model acts as a specification of a SUS then the SUS is valid relative to the specification if all the statements are true.
- Aninterpretation is a mapping from model elements to the SUS. It come from a UML profile and/or local standards.
- If an interpretation is invertible the model is a representation of the SUS.
- A theory is a way to derive new true statements from a correct model.
- A model conforms to a theory if the theory only adds statements that are consistent with previous statements.
- If a model conforms to a theory and is interpreted by a SUS then the theory can derive new facts about the SUS.
- A modeling language expresses models for a class of SUS.
- A metamodel is a model that specifies a family of models for a given class of SUS.
- A reflexive metamodel describes a modelling language, using that modelling language.
- So meaning can mean interpretation or theory.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]