[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Kai A Olsen
- Programmed Politeness
- IEEE Computer Magazine V44n7(Jul 2011)pp108+106-108
- =ESSAY ANALOGIES USER INTERACTION DESIGN
- Politeness as a protocol and a form of respect that makes systems popular.
- Email sent needs a response, normally.
- Warn up-front if a transaction is likely to fail with no backup.
- Especially if it is an unlikely user input!
- Speak the customers language consistently.
- Avoid long user input -- system arrogance.
- Don't silently reorganize the users life or system unlike Adobe Acrobat and Apple Quicktime.
- Don't interrupt!
- Remember people. Avoid reinputting previously input data.
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]