[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Michael Grottke & Kishor S Trivedi
- Fighting Bugs: Remove, Retry, Replicate, and Rejuvenate
- IEEE Computer Magazine V40n2(Feb 2007)pp107-109 + letter V40n5(May 2007)pp6-7
- =SURVEY DEBUGGING
- Different types of bugs need different strategies.
- Bohrbugs: use testing to find and remove faults that consistently manifest bugs in well defined conditions.
- Mandelbugs: No replication.fault->internal error-> error propagation-> platform interactions -> chaotic behavior. So can often avoid bug by retrying the software. Can try replicated software in different platforms.
- Age-Related Bugs: Rejuvenate = restart. Same two type: Bohr and Mandel.
- In letter, Lawrence Stabile, criticizes the "Rejuvenate" tactic as not an "engineering solution".
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]