[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Judith Grabiner(Pitzer college)
- Descartes and Problem-Solving
- Mathematics Magazine V68n2(Apr 1995)pp83-97
- =HISTORY PROBLEM SOLVING MATHEMATICS ALGEBRA
History of Analysis and Reduction as greek techniques
and algebra from Vieta onwards.
Descartes method developed and succeeded because of the hard problems in geometry that he applied it to.
The heart of the method was:
- Know what you want
- Give each known and unknown a name
- Express all the known properties
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]