[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Susan Gerhart & Dan Craigen & Ted Ralson
- Experience with Formal Methods in Critical Systems
- IEEE Software magazine v11n1(Jan 1994)pp21-28 CR9601-0044
- =EXPERIENCE FORMAL
Note: more in Craigenetal93
Study of 12 cases of industrial use - including SSADM tools, CICS, Cleanroom, Oscilloscopes, Inmos, VDM in the Lacos project, TBACS at NIST, HP Medical instruments
- Formal methods more useful at front than for code
- Tend to improve things
- refinement not cost effective
p27:"Mathematics involved in most formal methods is elementary, so the greater challenge may lie in teaching users how to model systems properly and carry design through."
p28: primarily used for
- Assurance, Domain Analysis, Communication, Evidence of best practice, Re-Engineering
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]