[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Jonathan P Bowen & Michael G Hinchey
- Seven More Myths of Formal Methods
- IEEE Software Magazine V12n4(Jul 1995)pp34-40
Note Based on industrial experience
- 8. FM delay the development process
- 9. FM lack tools
- 10. FM replace traditional engineering design methods
- 11. FM only apply to software
- 12. FM are unnecessary
- 13. FM are not supportted
- 14. FM people always use FM
- p40: "system development should be as formal as necessary, but not more formal."
- sidebar, p37: defining FM, IEEE glossary has two.
p38: Notes resources: internet forums for Z, VDM, Larch, OBJ. FTP archives, Periodicals. Courses.
p40: Quotes BBC Interview: "If you want to build systems with ultra-high reliability whcih provide complaxe functionallity and you want to guarantee that they are going to work with very high reliability...you can't do it"
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]