[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Jeffrey J P Tsai & Thomas Weigert & Hung-chin Jang
- A Hybrid Knowledge Representation as a Basis of Requirement Specification and Specification Analysis
- IEEE Trans SE-V19n12(Dec 1992)pp1076-1100A
- =SUVEY FRORL LOGIC FORMAL SPECIFICATION OBJECT-ORIENTED non-monotonic hierarchy
- ORIENTED non-monotonic hierarchy(general with exceptions) frames for objects and activities complete and sound.
- Compare Kaindl93 arguing for frames to support informal preparations.
Section I Introduction(pp1076-1077)
- p1076: "Software development usually begins with an attempt to recognize and understand the user's requirements[...] Software developers are always forced to make assumptions about the user's requirements[...] Often the user has an incomplete understanding[...]"
Goguen and Meseguer's work on FOOP 1987 (Functions+objects+relational methods)
- p1077: "an_instance_of", "a_kind_of", "a_part_of". "formal correctness checking is desirable[...]surpass the expressiveness of standard first order logic"... "complete and sound with respect to these semantics[Horn clause logic+nonmonotonicity]. [...] the users can automatically analyze various properties of a FRORL specification."
Section II Demands(pp1077-1078)
- p1077 "domain model[vs]specification" "theorems [---] facts"
Section III The language(pp1078-1081)
- p1078 "Given an informal description of the problem domain" operational and decalrtive interpretations possible.
- p1079 Refers to Booch91 and Kowalski's book
Section IV Semantic foundations(pp1081-1085)
- Predicates and Consistency (\para_symbol) statements, Horne clauses, Herbarnd interpretations, fixed points of a theory operator. some model theoretic semantics. Some computational procedure to indicate if a clause is a logical consequence of a theory
Section V Mapping FRORL into Semantics(pp-)
Section V Analysis of specifications(pp1085-1090)
- reachability, reversibillity, liveness, and consistency. State space or problem reduction. Use abstracted attributes.
Section VII Software Environment(pp1090-1093)
- Sun SparcStation Open Look
Section VIII Related work (pp1093-1096)
- Survey based on Wing88. Mentions with KATE, CAKE, LARCH, Ina Jo, GIST, SASCO, PLEASE, SXL,...
Section IX Conclusions and plans(pp1096)
Section X. Appendix BNF(pp1096-1097)
Section XI Appendix B Soundness and Completeness (pp1097-1099)
54 References (pp1099-1100)
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]