[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Roland Racko
- Making the Miracle Happen
- Software Development Magazine(Oct 1995)pp93+99+101
- =ESSAY adoption OBJECT-ORIENTED PROCESS STANDARDS IMPROVEMENT
- First improve your process, then adopt objects.
p93: "the first step is not to buy a C++ compiler or any other object-oriented language. If you are going to enter a rider into the multikilometer Tour de France bicycle race, you first need to make sure he is fit. "
describes problems of average shop
- |- (Racko95d_0): find out why - perhaps its best?
- |- (Racko95d_1): sell management on the bottom line benefits of improvement(not objects)
- |- (Racko95d_2): where does the overload come from: internal and/or external
- |- (Racko95d_2a): for external. sell "market directed optimization" or some such phrase to the management to handle it; wait for died down
- |- (Racko95d_3): training
- |- (Racko95d_3.1): walkthroughs and design concepts (coupling cohesion)
- |- (Racko95d_3.2): coders get together to hash out standards
- |- (Racko95d_3.3): a common vocab for words like: maintenance, good, design, walkthrough
- |- (Racko95d_4): teams develop goals, measurements and traceabillity methods
- |- (Racko95d_5): gather a stat base
- |- (Racko95d_6): The "market benefit phase" (objects).
(End of Net)
p101. How to handle a manager that shortens your estimates. (1) give a range of estimates: worst, best, most likely. Be ready to explain how best and worst cases can happen. (2) break out the time needed for integration.
- integration::= working design and code hierarchy so that the team can use them to connect the logic of the problem to real world, other systems, and physicla tchnology
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]