[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- James Martin
- System Design from Provably Correct Constructs
- Prentice-Hall Int(USA) 1985 QA76.9S88M37 1984, Dewey 001.64 ISBN 0-13-881483-X
- =ADVERT HOS DATA Algebraic Specifications of AXES FORMAL METHODS FD
- data engineering ch10..14 +App iv,
- HOS chapters 3..9,
- WHY (ch00) Software Misengineering ch1,
- HOS->DFDs ch15 (not vv),
- New life cycles ch18,
- Theory appendices I, II,
- Intrinsic data types Appendices III,
- TNF 3NF Third Normal Form Appendix IV,
(End of Net)
- Claims these methods 10 times more productive p124 than informal structured methods.
- Shows typical DFD and how it turns into two programs.
- p265 " The shortcomings of DFDs as typically drawn[...]As a method of
analysis they leave much to be desired. They help conceptualize entangled
data flows of data between operations, but unless coupled to a more
rigorous forms of analysis, they are often misleading or wrong. They are
no substitute for formal data analysis and rigorous functional
- "Structured Analysis" as commonly practices gives
inadequate front-end design(although it is better than unstructured text
specifications), and consequently the programs created with it have many
errors of specification which are expensive to corrrect"
- (but no evidence given of claims)
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]